Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Deathday Letter

Five days ago I was going to try to punch out a large chunk of my mystery story, and one productive weekend and one chain-smoking tropical storm later (Fay to me evokes images of a bleach bottle blonde chain-smoking Virginia Slim 120’s and calling me “hun”) I’m now one chapter from being done.

Which means I am finally ready to reveal the name. It’s called The Deathday Letter. I’ll post the gist of the story once I’ve finished the last chapter. In actuality I have already written the last chapter. I wrote it first, but a lot has happened in that time. I would have finished yesterday, but the two penultimate chapters took a lot out of me emotionally and I need to hit the last chapter with everything I have. I pretty much need to open a vein and let it gush. It’s gonna be amazing.

It’s funny that I only started this at the beginning of July, and I ended up throwing out five chapters and two weeks worth of work. But it’s a short book, maybe 65k words, and I wasn’t really writing it. Oliver Travers was writing it. He’s my MC. He did the heavy lifting, I was just the transcriber.

I’ll share the details soon, but no matter what happens with this, I’m really proud of it. I’m proud of Jak and the Giants too (which I finally finished editing the first draft of huzzah!) but The Deathday Letter is something special. And I can’t wait to share it with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.