Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Work Avoidance Conundrum

Actually, the cool thing was that I'm part of this group called The Tenners. They're a rad collection of debut 2010 YA Authors. Yesterday an informal Q&A was held. It was supposed to be a nice back and forth, but some of us (me!) jumped in and just started answering questions. About 500 posts later, I have to say that it was the most fun I've had so far.

It was also the first time I was able to connect with people who might be reading my book (outside of family, of course), and I was pretty much floored. It reinforced so much of why I'm going to love having a career writing for young adults. They haven't even read my book or met me or even seen a cover, but there's excitement. The Question-Askers asked so many awesome, brave questions, and I had a blast answering them.

I'm still like a year from publication, but I'm already in awe. It's pretty cool.

I guess I should get back to work :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.