Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back from the Vacation


So I'm back from my vacation. It was really fantastic. I went to Chicago Comic-Con where I saw Edward James Olmos (Admiral Adama), Margot Kidder (Lois Lane), Lori Petty (Tank Girl) and then a whole bunch of scantily clad fan-boy wet dreams. Luckily I am immune to such things.

I also went to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry where I got to tour one of only 5 remaining German U-Boats, to fancy schmancy restaurants, to see G.I. Joe (Go Joe!), and lots of other really rad stuff, including the biggest, baddest used bookstore I've ever seen. Seriously.
I had to use an extra bag to get home.

But the best part of my trip was this:

That's my adorable nephew Graeme. He's not technically my nephew but my bestest friend Rach and I have been friends for so long that we're family. He's just the cutest, smartest little boy I've ever met and hanging with him was an absolute joy.

Sigh. Anyway. I'm catching up on emails and stuff today but I'll be back on the schedule tomorrow with my review of Steven Gould's book JUMPER and the sequel REFLEX.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back, and your "nephew" is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! My friends go to Comic Con in San Diego every year. Next year, I am SO there.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.