Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Agent Day

The awesome Kody Keplinger, author of THE DUFF, had an idea...a wonderful idea...to make December 11th sort of an unofficial Happy Agent Day.

So here's to you, Chris Richman.

INSERT EYE OF THE TIGER OR SOME OTHER APPROPRIATE THEME SONG FROM A SPORTS MOVIE WHERE AN UNDERDOG INEXPLICABLY RISES ABOVE AND OVERCOMES THE ODDS.

In all seriousness, it's been a little over a year since I signed with Chris, and I really wouldn't be where I am without him.  He knows that I'm stubborn and bull headed and that I often have to experience things for myself before I understand them, and he's still patient with me and guides me through this crazy publishing thing.  There are a lot of really talented agents out there, and Chris is one of them, but he's also got something in spades that sets him apart:  integrity.

Of course he loses points for having cats instead of a dog, but no one's perfect.

Chris has been there to fight for me when he knew my book was worth being published, and to push me when he knew I could do better.  So thank you, Chris.  Here's to the next year and here's to you!

If you head over to Lisa and Laura Write, you can see a list of everyone who's sharing the love.

7 comments:

  1. I want to query him, but he looks exactly like my ex-boyfriend who is also named Chris. Rejection would be like breaking up all over again.

    Maybe in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to query him, but he looks exactly like my ex boyfriend who is also named Chris. Rejection would be like breaking up all over again.

    Maybe in a couple of months.

    Sounds like a good guy to have in your corner, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haylee: That's too funny. Not the breakup part, but...okay, so this is me putting my foot in my mouth. Anyway, Chris is definitely the kind of guy you want in your corner. Any agent you go with should love your work at least as much as you do, and Chris is passionate about only taking on work he loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's in the current issue of Writers' Digest and he quotes your query as being the best one he's received. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.