Thursday, March 4, 2010

Shoutouts and Housekeeping

I'm so happy that it's Thursday.  I don't know where this week went.  Jeez!

I just wanted to take a quick moment and thank everyone who reads my little blog.  The next few months are going to be huge and I'm really lucky to have such great people around me.  I'm really terrible at keeping up with the comments down here, but I do read them and try to get them when I can.

Future posts.  Ideas?  I'll have more on my plans for getting books for boys more exposure.  I'm planning some posts on race and sexuality in YA.  Also more on the line between realism and gratuitousness.  Down the line I'll also be having some author interviews and agent interviews.  If there's anything you all really want to see, I'll give it a go :)

I finalized the design for deathdayletter.com  I'm going to be working on the content over the next few weeks, but the design is good to go.

I also wanted to add a shout-out to a great blog by a rad author/mom/superhero:  Margie Gelbwasser.  Margie's blog hasn't been around long, but she's already managed to score some fantastic interviews and has really outstanding content.  Her book INCONVENIENT comes out this year from Flux.  Drop on by and show her some love.

For that matter, you should also check out my agency mates Cole and Shannon.  Cole is absolutely hilarious and Shannon writes some of the best, most informative blog posts out there. Both rock.

Cool.  I think that's it.  I'll be back to some regularly scheduled posting on Monday.  Have an awesome weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Aw! Thanks for the shout out! I look forward to seeing your posts regarding sexuality in YA. It's something I'm pretty passionate about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the shout! And thanks for pointing me to Margie Gelbwasser's blog; I look forward to perusing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! Totally made my day. :-)
    And your posts on race and sexuality sound terrific. I love exploring and debating various elements in YA. Realism vs. gratuitousness sounds very interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very excited to see your posts on race and sexuality in YA. With a WIP wherein some characters are something other than straight and white, it's a topic I've been exploring a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.