Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mockingjay - No Spoilers

I'm currently reading and loving (hating) Mockingjay.  I'm only hating it because I know this is the end and it makes me sad.  But I've only narrowly avoided spoilers being posted on-line by unscrupulous reviewers, so I'm avoiding twitter and Goodreads and any other site that may spoil it for me.  For the record, I hope Katniss ends up with Prim's cat Buttercup instead of Gale OR Peeta.

What are you all reading right now?

Oh, and I finished Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie.  I loved it.  I mean, really loved it.  The tone of it reminded me of Judy Blume's books Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Superfudge, but you know, with cancer.  Seriously though, it was a pretty amazing book and I will admit that I might have shed a tear...I also had a head cold at the time and was on heavy doses of Sudafed, so it could have been anything.

Okay, back to Mockingjay.  Go, Team Peeta.  Because who doesn't love bread?

2 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read any of the Suzanne Collins books yet, though I most certainly intend to as soon as I can find the time. Thanks for another motivating post regarding this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew- Seriously, they're awesome. I can't recommend them enough. And I'm almost envious that you get to read them straight through with no lag time between.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.