Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Judging Books by Their Covers

This has to be short because I'm swamped, but I wanted to make a confession:  Sometimes I judge books by their covers.

The most recent was Dia Reeves BLEEDING VIOLET.  She's a fellow Tenner, a fellow Simon Pulse author, and an all around amazing person.  If you read the books I'm dying to read in 2011, then you know that her second book SLICE OF CHERRY is on my list.  But something about the cover of BLEEDING VIOLET made me think it was going to be a chick book.

I know, I know, that was the sound of hypocrisy.  I'm guilty of it.  I'm a terrible, terrible human being.  And it's not even that BLEEDING VIOLET has a bad cover.  In fact, I think it's pretty badass.  It's dark and moody and sexy.  It just didn't appeal to me.

Except that I finally picked it up and started reading it.  And it's awesome.  It's beyond awesome.  Hanna is funny and sexy and weird.  The prose if twisty and beautiful.  This is not a chick book.  This is an amazing book.  I'm actually mad at myself for waiting this long to read it.  I'm only about 40% finished so I'll want to wait to do a proper review, but damn.  It just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.