Monday, November 14, 2011

Blog Chain - Greatest Achievement

We're back for another round on the blog chain!  This time, it's Michelle H. asking the questions, and she wants to know:

This is the month in creating writing goals and making big accomplishments. What is your greatest accomplishment — in writing, your life or perhaps something incidental that had a big effect on you?


This was a difficult question for me to answer.  It might be easy to say that getting published was my greatest accomplishment, but I think that Deathday was simply culmination of some hard work and a lot (A LOT) of luck.

You know what?  I don't know.  I think the truth is that my greatest accomplishment is still waiting for me to accomplish it.  My life has definitely had a lot of high points.  Some lows.  Some WTF moments.  But I think I've yet to really tap into my own potential.  I'm a work in progress, and I think the best is yet to come.

Check out Margie's greatest accomplishment from yesterday, and then head on over to Sarah's blog tomorrow :)

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a good attitude to think of yourself as a work in progress so you continue to push yourself to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still finding your accomplishments and working toward those goals is a very important step. The fact you are trying to get more teen boys into reading books is a great accomplishment in-and-of itself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Michelle :) But I do love your thoughts on still being a work in progress. I don't know that we ever have just one "greatest" accomplishment. I think we have many over our lifetimes. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought that being an adult meant having life settled and stuff figured out, but now that I am an adult I think the work in progress model makes a lot more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture of the lock on the door!

    I agree, and my post today was a lot about what I have NOT accomplished. It's a good thing to be looking forward, never quite settling for what already is.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.