Monday, November 28, 2011

Traveling By Map

The Muppets.  I remember them.  I remember Kermit the Frog stuffed animals.  I remember watching the TV show.

I went to see the new movie last night.  Despite the fact that Jason Segal is kind of creepy looking in an earnest sort of way, the Muppets today are as relevant as ever.

I chuckled, I sighed, I was embarrassed by the songs, and I laughed my ass off.  The Muppet movie simply shows that there is a place in this world for unabashed sentimentalism and positivity.  Maybe there's not enough of that.  Or maybe we need all the cynicism, all the darkness to recognize just how friggin' brilliant the light stuff truly is.

Now, where are my fart shoes?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to see the movie, but the ads on TV for it made me smile everytime.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.