Sunday, October 21, 2012

Updates!

So, not much to report here.  The new job is going well but taking up a lot of my time.  I used to have my writing schedule all worked out, but the new hours and the fact that my house is in a shambles is making it difficult to get any work done.  But work is getting done.  Even if I only manage a few hundred words in a day, I still do my best to get it done.  Eventually, life will settle back into a nice routine and I'll get my schedule under control.  Being closer to my job and not having to go in as early, results in less time to work in the morning, but more days that I can write.  So I'll actually have more writing time.

Trust me, the math adds up :)

I haven't been talking about FML too much because it's still so far out, but we're at less than a year.  June 23 can't come soon enough!  But staring in January, I'll have bookmarks and excerpts and giveaways.

I can't tell you all how thoroughly excited I am for you to meet Simon Cross and his crazy friends.

I still don't have internet in my new place, but Matt will finally be moving down next weekend and we'll get it all set up, so I should be able to blog more consistently by then.  Plus, I've got a stack of amazing books to read that I'll be talking about.  (Passenger?  Hell yes.)

I'm also going to spend more time on the blog talking about the nature of creativity.  What it means and how to foster it.  I think, so often, I get caught up in the details of writing and publishing that I forget that publishing is only one aspect.  I write because I love it, not because I have to get published.

And that's it for today!  Have a great week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.