Thursday, August 1, 2013

Oh, Summer

Sorry for the blog silence this summer, but I've been taking time out to get sorted.  I haven't been lounging around at the beach...I've actually been working hard, but it's left very little time for other stuff.  Especially for writers who also have day jobs, picking and choosing how to spend your time becomes extremely important, and often, it's things like blogging and Facebook that take the hit.

So, what have I been doing?

Well, I've been busy working on the revisions for The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley.  The comic stuff is going to be amazing, and I'm more excited than I ever imagined.

I've been seeing FML pop up all over the place.  Pictures from readers and emails from people all over
the country have really blown me away.  I'm just loving the enthusiasm for my nebbish little Simon Cross.  I really just adore you all.

I've been hard at work on a couple of different projects that I wish I could talk more about.  Just be assured, that they're awesome, and hopefully I'll get to share some info in the coming months.

On the personal side, I've been reading.  A lot.  And getting back in shape.  I began this summer at a hefty 210 pounds.  For me, that's pretty big since I'm a narrow guy and spent most of my life topping out at 145 pounds.  As of today I'm right at 180 pounds.  30 pounds since the end of May isn't too shabby.  I haven't done anything more than eat healthy and run.  I'm now able to run 3.5 miles without stopping, which, let me tell you, isn't easy when the temps are 90 and the heat index is 96 and the humidity is around 70%, making the sweat just pool on your skin.  There are days where it feels more like swimming than running.  But it's worth it.

I feel better than I've felt in ages, and I'm enjoying this summer.  Taking time out for the little things.  For instance, last weekend Matt and I drove 90 minutes to our favorite breakfast joint where I enjoyed the most delicious lemon ricotta pancakes on earth.  Seriously, I've pretty much told everyone I know about them.  But it's those little thing that make everything else so wonderful.

So, tell me:  what are you doing this summer?

1 comment:

  1. Nice post.
    Just what I needed to read.
    Revising my text before I send the manuscript to publishing companies.
    Any good ideas and advice for me (I'm based in India) ?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.