Friday, February 8, 2008

Who invited the Devil to dinner?

I spent yesterday evening driving my mom an hour and a half to the airport, so that by the time I got home, I didn't have an ounce of coherent thought left to help guide Jak and Harley and Felix through their first intentional trip to see the Giants.

I did however, use the incoherent thoughts to work on a theme book of short stories called either Telos or The Final Cause. It ends (starts) with Miriam and her lack of visions that indicate the end of the world, and tells the story from effect to cause. I know that that particular strategy isn't unique, but in this case I think it's quite appropriate. Miriam's mystery caller is a young physicist with a broken heart. He's broken hearted because the Devil showed up at a dinner party thrown by his fiance...and she let him in. The Devil was out wandering the streets and ended up at a dinner party because...well I don't know why yet, but I'm sure the devil will let me know when he's ready. My lovelorn physicist only whispered to me (he was quiet embarrassed) how he ended the world, and I've known him for a month now.

After that I watched the spectacular "Death Proof." I never used to be a Tarantino fan. He annoyed me really. Then I watched Kill Bill and I found that I wasn't any less annoyed by him, but that his movies were genius. It was awesome. It could have been maybe 20 minutes shorter (it felt a little stretched in the middle), but I laughed, I cried...no wait, I only laughed. Good stuff really.

This weekend I'm going to finish off chapter 6 and Jak's going to get to see some giants up close and personal. I'd also like to get a grip on chapter 7 and polish the first 5 up some.

Word of the Day: Bodkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.