Saturday, May 3, 2008

Woo hoo

May 3, 2008 at 11:10 am, I finished Jak and the Giants.  Yay me!

The last couple of weeks were obstacley with the mother arriving into town, and my birthday and the job that pays my rent being busy, but the last words were done today!!  I'm way happy. Granted, I have a lot of editing/typing/re-writing to do, but that's the easy (if un-fun) part.  

Overall I'm really happy how this book turned out.  It grew as I wrote it so I'll have to be extra edity, but everything came together the way I wanted and it's coherent in ways that The Last Guardian was not.  I think  my handwriting experiment was a success in that I was able to really make a connection to my characters and my story that I didn't make with Guardian.  I ended up buying a Pelikan M800 and some more inks.  They pretty. 

For the next 6 weeks I'll be typing and editing as well as getting my health back together.  A year ago I was like uber- healthy and now I'm not, so I'll be taking this time to get back into shape.  I also want to write a short story about a cannibal that I've been churning in my head for a couple of years.  I think I'm actually ready to write it.

"Falling is Like This" got it's second rejection.  I'm going to have to get a book on where to submit because I think I'm submitting to the wrong publications.  They all have more of a Sci-Fi bent and "Falling..." is more horror.

I've also started working out my comic "Plain Jane" and got some really cool storyboard paper to see if I can "write" an issue.  If I can do that then I'll type it up as a "script" and send it out.  It's actually coming together to be fairly neat.

Word of the Day:  Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.