Thursday, April 17, 2008

Into the Giant's Den

I am there. Or rather, I'm nearly there. I'm embarking upon the penultimate scene and will be wrapping up book one within the month. I could forseeably have it done this weekend, but I don't want to rush it. It's funny because maybe a month ago I felt like it would never be done, and now I'm loathe to pen the last couple of chapters. Luckily I've got the second two books to work on...and boy are they gonna be good.

I have a lot of editing to do though. I was aiming for a tight 80 to 90k word book and this one has ballooned up to about 130 to 140k. Hopefully I can cut it down by 10k words when I combine the first few chapters but the narrative is already pretty spare. Unlike my first book (which I have decided from henceforth will be known as my ugly baby) I was very brief with description and didn't get overly writerly. Either way, I'll see when I'm done and I do my first read through.

Of course I have to type the rest of it up (YUCK!).

I've decided I'm going to take six weeks and start myself back on the road to healthiness. This time last year I was in the best shape of my life. This year at at the worst. I blame it on my depression and writing two books in about 6 months. It's hard to worry about diet when your whole focus is on work. Not to mention I have a full time job. So I'll be hitting the gym pretty hard and starting back on my super-healthy diet.

I'm also turning 30 in a couple of weeks. Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.