Saturday, October 4, 2008

An Insult to the Dead

I've been debating, this week, on what to start writing.  I have two stories.  Both are in the YA vein.  Both hit the same age range as DDL.  But they're both different.  One is more quirky and character driven, and the other, while still focusing on a character's struggles like I do, is more action oriented.

I've already started writing the second, and once I found the entry point, I couldn't wait to keep writing it.  But I feared it wouldn't be a good follow-up to DDL.  The first one, I believed, would be a better follow up to DDL, so I started trying to write it this morning.

And here's the problem.  It's progressing.  But I'm just not enjoying writing it.  It's not fun.  I feel like I'm writing it because I should, and not because I want to.  I still like the story, but I don't think it's what I want to write right now.

So there's actually not a problem.  I'm putting away the first one and working on the one I want to work on.  Fuck everything else.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.