Wednesday, December 31, 2008

That end of the year thing

I'm not one for end of the year things or resolutions.  This has been a good year for me.  I hooked up with my fantastic agent Chris Richman over at Firebrand, I did some traveling, did a lot of writing, and with a little luck next year will see my work published.  The publishing industry has taken a real hit, but I think maybe it needed to.  Things need to be shaken up some.  When I was back living at my parent's house and I had to clean my room, my mom would always walk in mid-way and yell at me for making it worse.  I always told her, "I have to tear it apart to put it back together again."  It's been said before and I think it will prove true in this case.  

This year I learned what it REALLY takes to be a writer, not what I thought it took.  I managed to write three books.  I barely squeaked this one in under the year, but the Revenge Brigade has been a fun one.  It's in some pretty rough shape right now but it's got some real hardcore potential.  

My goals were big last year, but I feel more than satisfied with where I am at the end.  For 2009 my goals are ambitious, but I think with some hard work, I can really get there.  So here they are:

Edit the Revenge Brigade
Write one YA Book
Write one middle grade book
Write one comic script
Write one television script
Fix and finish The School for Invisible Boys
Maybe squeeze in a couple short stories in there.

So that's it.  Those are my writing goals for 2009.  Ambitious, but doable.  I have big plans for me, and I think 2009 is going to be a big year.

Happy New Year all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.