Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Day 2

Words Written today: 3413

Being a Monday, and a brutal one at that, I'm beat. However I did learn two very important writing lessons today:

1. If action scenes are not your strong point (like me) then a bladder full of tea can be a great incentive to move that scene along. I was practically dancing in my chair, but after I'd finished and gone potty, I reread the scene and thought, "Whoa, that scene needs a lot of work, but boy does it have legs."

2. Even though Books-a-Million's coffee tastes like heated foot fungus, the chairs at Starbucks are torturous (like being waterboarded) and a comfortable chair is worth its weight in dark roasted Ethiopian coffee beans.

Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.