- LIAR by Justine Larbalestier - Best use of unreliable narrator I've read yet.
- THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO by Patrick Ness - Hands down best animal in a book ever.
- THE ASK AND THE ANSWER by Patrick Ness - The first book was so good I had to order the sequel from England because I couldn't wait.
- CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins - Do I need a reason?
- GOING BOVINE by Libba Bray - Best use of gnome and mad cow disease by an author.
- Florence + the Machine - Just really amazing.
- Dave Matthews Band - Best album in years (and the concert rocked too)
- V.V. Brown - A blast from the past on steroids
- Janelle Monaé - Robot girl with bluesey sensibility? Hell yeah.
- GLEE - Need I say more?
- Friday Night Lights - I still can't believe no one watches this show but they watch NCIS. WTF?
- Vampire Diaries - I admit it, I got sucked in (haha). Their willingness to kill main characters shows they mean business. Plus, the cool kids call it VD.
- Misfits - A little known BBC show, it rocked my socks off.
- Dollhouse - Yeah, it's cancelled, but the second season may just be the most brilliant stuff of Whedon's career.
- Sunshine Cleaning - Amy Adams? Crime scenes? I'm in.
- Where the Wild Things Are - The best kids movie NOT for kids.
- Drag Me To Hell - Granny smack down involving dentures and a stapler. 'Nuff Said.
- Julie & Julia - I should really just say, "Any movie Amy Adams is in."
- (500) Days of Summer - Never has pessimism looked so optimistic.
- Zombieland - I was prepared to hate this movie, but Woodie won me over. Also Bill Murray's cameo made me wet my pants.
- Star Trek - I fully admit to being a trekkie. I don't do conventions but I love the franchise. That said, I was prepared to hate this movie too. Instead, I fell for the franchise all over again. Beam me up for the sequel.
So, tell me: What were your favorites of 2009?