Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Sorry for the quiet.  I've been busy with lots of stuffs, and I managed to tweak my lower back.  So when haven't been chained to my computer, I've been crying on the couch with an icepack and cookies.  Which is actually a rather typical day for me.

The blog is probably going to go silent until after the New Year as I take time to be with friends and family, and some time to relax and reflect.

One of the things I wanted to say, was thank you.  Thank you to my agent and my editors, and my blog chain group, and my crit partners, and every single person who has added The Deathday Letter to their 2010 challenge, and every person who reads my sorry excuse for a blog.  Thank you.  Because even when this writing gig has a hiccup or things don't go my way, this is the best job on earth.  Out of all the billions of people in the world, it's a small few who can say they're living their dream.  This year has seen me able to live mine.  It hasn't been what I expected, but that's only made it sweeter.  And it's because of the people around me that I'm able to do it.

Of course, next year you'll all have to actually buy the book or I might be out of a job, but that's next year ;)

So have a wonderful holiday everyone.  Stay happy, healthy, safe, and don't take anything for granted.
Also, books make great last minute gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.