Friday, October 19, 2007

Six Chapters in

I've gotten the first draft of six chapters written. It's difficult to write witty banter when one of the characters is a giant spider and the other is a 13 year old boy from 1930's Oklahoma. Anyway, I went back and read those six chapters, just to make sure I was on the right path, and I was pretty happy. I resisted the desire to go at the pages with an editor's red pen, and just read it as I read any other book. I was very pleasantly surprised with what I've done. My voice seems consistent and while the prose is meadering, it's also very compact.

I don't really have much to talk about except for the difficulty finding the time to write. An hour here and hour there, it's the best any can do right?

Here's to pushing forward!

Word of the day: Concupiscence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.