Monday, October 15, 2007

Throw it away

The weekend was good for the soul, good for writing. I really discovered the voice of the story and how I want it to sound, which is wonderful because cohesion is good for a story. I'm working on Chapter 5, which seems like I've gotten far, but really I haven't even begun.

Today I started chapter 5. I wrote about a page while I was at work, but it was slow going and disjointed as someone was always calling me to do this or that, and since it's my job I can't just ignore them. When I got home I looked at what I had written: plot wise it was dead on with where I wanted to be, but the voice was all wrong. It sounded like someone else had written the page. So I threw it out. I deleted the whole thing and started over, and I must say that it was the best decision I made all day.

Don't be afraid to ditch something that's not working and start over.

Word of the day: Spheroidal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.