Friday, November 2, 2007

Long Work Week

Work this week sucked up a large amount of my time, so I only finished one chapter (chapter 11) and boy did it suck writing that one. I've never juggled so many characters before, and I'm sure that the chapter will need an extensive re-write after all is said and done, but it did what I needed it to do and I can move on, so that's what counts, but really, that was tough.

I was taking the story from three different perspectives. It was the same five minutes from three different locales, each with 4-5 characters in it, all interacting in a very confined space. The dynamics were awkward and difficult, which they were supposed to be because I shoved characters who would never normally end up together, together, and they really didn't get on well.

I started writing the first page a dozen times before I got past it, and then half way through I really though my book was finished because I couldn't get through the chapter. But here I am on the other side. So the story is to keep a stiff upper lip an push through.

Word of the day: "touched in one's upper story" Ok, it's not a word, but it's a euphemism I'd never heard before and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.