Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Who Gives a Fuck about an Oxford Comma

I'm totally in love with the song by Vampire Weekend.  I never thought I'd hear a song about grammar that I loved (an even one I hated).  Actually the whole album is pretty awesome.  The funny thing about it is that when I listened to it I remembered having an argument with my parents about the Serial Comma way, way, back when I was in 6th grade.  I was for it and they were not.  Not I'm pretty liberal with where I comma-nate; if I think it clarifies the sentence, I'm for it, if not, fuck it.

I actually managed to get all my editing caught up on the stuff that's typed and I just need to catch up on my typing, which is difficult because there's not a lot of free time.  I'm selling myself more and more on really restructuring those first few chapters into probably just two.  There's a lot of good stuff in them, but I think they drag things out a bit.  On a good note though, I think I'm really improved from my last book.  Not only am I finding less technical errors, but I'm finding less I want to change.  

So of course since I have zero time I got a short story in my head I am dying to write, so I'm going to try to quickly write it.  It's kind of a belated Valentine's day story  mixed with a bit of Lovecraftian Horror.  Of course all my Valentine's ARE horror so it works well.  Maybe I'll put it up here when I'm done.

Word of the day:  Chevalier 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.