Friday, March 28, 2008

Home Stretch?

Life has been a tad chaotic, hence the lack of posting.  A good friend is down so I'll get to see her and her baby tonight (big-time with the YAY), and I've been a bit under the weather the last couple of days.  I think it might have been a little nudge from my depression, but either way I'm feeling much more on the up and up.

I caught Into the Wild, which rocked and I think everyone should see, as well as Lars and the Real Girl.  Lars... should be watched because it proves that NOTHING is too weird to write about.  I've also been really overplaying The Kooks new album "Konk."  I bought The Kooks a while ago and they sat in my iPod for a while before I finally listened to them.  I didn't really like them at first...that's not fair to say....they didn't grab my attention would be better.  But the more I listened the more I really loved their sound.  The new album is the first way.  There's nothing that breaks out and shakes loose, but each listen makes me love it more and more.  I highly recommend. 

I've turned the corner and am now (I'm pretty sure, sort of) on the home stretch.  I think.  I mean, there's still stuff that has to happen, and one of those things is MAJOR (since it's book 1 of maybe 3, the climax is going to come near the end...except that there's really two climaxes.  Would that make my book a woman?) so I still have a good bit of work to do, but I feel like I can see the end, and I feel like I've really got something.  My characters have come together in ways I couldn't have imagined when I started and I'm able to see their paths and I really like where they're going.

I sat down last night and did little one line summaries of all my chapters to now, and I'm pretty convinced that I'm going to condense the first 6 chapters into two or three.  I just really think they could be much tighter and get to the action far quicker.

Word of the day:  Penultimate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.