Monday, March 17, 2008

I eat brains

The best part of being a writer, in my humble opinion, is learning things about your story or characters that you never in a million years expected.  There are times when I feel like I'm dragging every word out and others where it feels like I'm just reading it instead of writing it.  This weekend was a mixture of the two.  There was some sadness and the very bad thing that I had been working towards.  Some things also happened that won't really resonate until the next book, but it opened my eyes to some stuff that's going to happen further along, and it's really spectacular.  It all makes me sort of feel like I have precognitive powers, but like scientific kind.  I don't know who it was, but the idea of pre-sentience was based on the idea that if you knew the position and state of every single molecule in the universe, you could predict all the happenings.  

Being around the half-way mark makes me anxious and I need to finish stuff, so in my down time I started another short story called, "PS, I Eat Brains."  It's a horror/comedy that asks the question:  What if you accidentally adopted a zombie baby?"  The first line is:  By the time  you read this, I'll probably be trying to kill you.  

I just needed something light-hearted to go to when Jak & the Giants gets too deep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it classy, and jokes are always appreciated.